If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Area Boards

Finding local solutions for local problems
The Area Boards' Community Issues System

Is there an issue affecting your community that needs to be addressed? Would you like to change something about where you live? Do you think something could be done better?

One of the key roles of the Area Boards is to help local people find solutions to things that are complex or non-routine and affect the community as whole - not simply a few individuals. For the majority of routine problems, the Council can respond directly and this is the best place to start for most problems that are likely to affect you:

However, if your problem does not fit into any of these categories or if the matter is causing widespread concern in the community, you can report it to your Area Board by filling in our online community issue form. The form will ask you to tell us about the problem you are looking to resolve, who you have spoken to about the matter and what ideas you might have for solving it.

When we receive your form, we will be able to work with you to fully understand the nature of the issue, consult with our own departments that can help and also ask other interested members of your community for their views. Your divisional councillor and local parish council will also play a key role in the process. We can discuss your issue or idea with our police, fire and health partners and other relevant local organisations as required. We will also look to see how your issue relates to the priorities for action set out in your area's community area plan. Your issue will be logged on the online Community Issues System and progress will be tracked as the matter moves forward - you will be kept informed personally by email.

So, if you have a burning issue that affects the wider community, please log it with your local Area Board and we will see what we can do. Start here.



This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Write to us or call us

Wiltshire Council
County Hall
Bythesea Road
BA14 8JN