If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too


This is our new look design; please tell us what you think.

Get Area Board Issue


12/07/2018 15:36:38

Reference No



Issue Summary

CATG speed limit review in Startley


Latest Update

12/07/2018 15:40:57 Thank you for raising your issue with the Area Board. The Council has set up a way for local people to decide local highway improvement priorities. A local community area transport group (CATG) of local people and elected councillors comes together to consider issues and proposals and to recommend those schemes that can be taken forward in any year. Before the CATG can consider a proposal, it must first consult the local parish or town council. Only if the parish supports the issue will it be considered further. If your issue is supported by the parish council, it will be submitted to the CATG for consideration. The CATG will then decide whether it should go forward onto the list of priority schemes. Resources are very limited, so it is important that schemes are prioritised in this way. Obviously, not all schemes can be taken forward and some proposals may have to wait a while before they become a priority for funding. The CATG makes recommendations to the Area Board who will decide which schemes will be funded and taken forward. We will keep you informed of progress as we go through the steps outlined.

CATG Action / Recommendation


A review of the 60 MPH signage around StartleyAs you leave Seagry to come into Startley is 60MPH by Goss Croft Hall would like this reviewed and ideally lowered


Issue Location


Street / Location

Road from Seagry to Startley

Electoral Division


Issue Duration


Who is Affected

Local Community

What has been done so far

Contacted local Community Engagement Manager

What would resolve issue

Review the signage with an aim to lower the speed limit

Who needs to come together

CATG, Highways


Community Area Transport Group

In touch with Councillor


Sub Classification

Current Status

in progress








This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Choose your address - step one

To view contact details for this service, first, enter your postcode.

Choose your address

I live outside Wiltshire