If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too


This is our new look design; please tell us what you think.

Get Area Board Issue


05/10/2017 17:16:42

Reference No



Issue Summary

Parking cars on side of road


Latest Update

17/10/2017 11:07:02 Parish Council asked to comment.

CATG Action / Recommendation


I am also concerned with the corner just after the Pub in Broadchalke Wiltshire as you turn into North Street ie going from Salisbury to Shaftesbury direction. Cars are constantly parking on either side of this road as you come to take the corner forcing you into the middle of the road and taking it at the minimal of speed still not knowing whether there are any other cars approaching from the Shaftesbury direction of North Street Broadchalke Wiltshire. I am very concerned that someone not knowing this corner might take it at speed and then realising they are about to hit an oncoming vehicle swerve into a pedestrian as there is no pavement on the left hand side as you take the bend or on the right hand side for a certain distance.


Issue Location

South West Wiltshire

Street / Location

High Road leading into North Street Broadchalke Near Salisbury Wiltshire

Electoral Division

Fovant and Chalke Valley

Issue Duration

Seems to be increasingly getting worse

Who is Affected

Drivers and pedestrians and school children walking to the bus stop. Dog Walkers.

What has been done so far

I have brought this to the Broadchalke Parish Clerks attention and this was discussed at their last meeting.

What would resolve issue

Yellow lines banning parking in this area and a pavement for pedestrians put in place.

Who needs to come together

Everyone. I believe in prevention and not waiting for an accident to happen in order for something to be done.


Community Area Transport Group

In touch with Councillor


Sub Classification

Current Status

in progress








This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Choose your address - step one

To view contact details for this service, first, enter your postcode.

Choose your address

I live outside Wiltshire