If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too


This is our new look design; please tell us what you think.

Get Area Board Issue


04/06/2017 22:00:18

Reference No



Issue Summary

Parking and traffic issues Great Bedwyn


Latest Update

05/06/2017 06:55:29 Thank you for raising your issue with the Area Board. The Council has set up a way for local people to decide local highway improvement priorities. A local community area transport group (CATG) of local people and elected councillors comes together to consider issues and proposals and to recommend those schemes that can be taken forward in any year. Your issue will be submitted to the CATG for consideration. The CATG will then decide whether it should go forward onto the list of priority schemes. Resources are very limited, so it is important that schemes are prioritised in this way. Obviously, not all schemes can be taken forward and some proposals may have to wait a while before they become a priority for funding. The CATG makes recommendations to the Area Board who will decide which schemes will be funded and taken forward. We will keep you informed of progress as we go through the steps outlined.

CATG Action / Recommendation


The Parish Council have created a Working Group to gather evidence and conduct a village wide survey asking residents for their views on parking and traffic issues within the village.


Issue Location


Street / Location

Entire village

Electoral Division

Issue Duration

It is a problem that was initially addressed in 2011

Who is Affected

Villagers commuters and businesses.

What has been done so far

This is first stage consultation.Preparing Risk Assessment.

What would resolve issue

Dependent on survey results if the villagers wish to proceed we would like to work with Highways to resolve the problems highlighted by the survey.

Who needs to come together

Residents, Parish Council and Wiltshire Council Highways


Highways & Transport

In touch with Councillor


Sub Classification

Current Status

in progress








This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Choose your address - step one

To view contact details for this service, first, enter your postcode.

Choose your address

I live outside Wiltshire